We’ve just rolled out a refreshed Dev Center! If you take a look at Manage Projects, you’ll notice some changes. “Manage Projects” is where developers create projects to connect devices to the Berg platform, and where the developer tools live. The refresh follows on from the recent reference documentation refresh.
A quick run-down of what’s changed:
- “Manage Projects” (previously “Your Projects”) is now in the new look and feel
- Sign in/Sign up is now part of the Dev Center. Previously all user account management happened through Remote, the mobile website used to interact with Berg-enabled products (specifically Little Printer). We’re reducing our reliance on Remote
- The “Guest Projects” feature has been removed. Now to debug a device connecting to Berg, you must own the project it’s a part of
- The “Collaborators” feature has been removed. To manage a project, sign in as the user who created the project
- The functionality to manage commands and events has been re-organised into three pages: Define, Monitor, and Send
- The “Little Counter” tutorial documentation has been updated to the refer to the new site
There’s also been a lot of behind-the-scenes work to prepare for upcoming updates to the Device API and the Cloud API (simplifying and adding features to both), and new ways to connect to the platform (there’s some urgency because we sold out of v1 Devshields this week).
Our goals are to make the Berg platform
- dead simple to understand
- dead simple to use
- time-saving for developers of connected hardware
- a place that brings hardware makers and web developers together
This new release simplifies the dev tools, and lays the groundwork for simplifying the various platform APIs.